Created especially for the Festival’s 18th edition, which marked the event’s 30th anniversary, the Videobrasil on TV series aired exclusively on Sesc TV. The first few programs cover the changes undergone by Videobrasil and the art scene over the past thirty years. Statements intersperse with historic images and artwork excerpts, documenting the past and prompting reflection on the aesthetical modifications of video and its gradual inclusion into the arts system. The last three programs are dedicated to the 18th Festival’s Southern Panoramas competitive show. They feature curators and artists, including the winners, discussing themes, aesthetic issues and aspects of contemporary art production from the geopolitical South, and situating video within that context.
The program tackles the issues that motivated the Festival’s emergence, in the context of early independent video productions, political opening, the end of military dictatorship in Brazil, and the desire to provide visibility to social, political and cultural themes.
- More about Jasmin Pinho in Collection
- More about José Celso Martinez Corrêa in Collection
- More about Lucila Meirelles in Collection
- More about Marco Del Fiol in Collection
- More about Ninho Moraes in Collection
- More about Olhar Eletrônico in Collection
- More about TVDO in Collection
- Further info on Caderneta de campo in Collection
- Further info on Frau in Collection
- Further info on Marly normal in Collection
- Further info on Quem Kiss teve in Collection