Associação Cultural Videobrasil is a non-profit organization that goes back 32 years. Over this time, we have contributed to publicizing and spreading contemporary art by producing an international festival, exhibitions, publications and film exhibitions, as well as by building a rich video collection — the largest in Latin America — that is now freely available to the public.
After all our achievements, in 2015 we embraced a novel challenge by opening Galpão VB, a venue designed to house permanent Videobrasil Collection activation activities. Such a challenge can only be met through support from the art community and from society at large. We need your support and contribution to maintain our facilities and activities at Galpão VB.
Associação Cultural Videobrasil’s Annual Activities Plan has been approved under Brazil’s Federal Culture Incentive Law – aka the Rouanet Law. This enables us to receive donations from natural and legal persons anywhere in the country. All donors will be able to deduct the donated sum from their income taxes the following year.
WHO’S ELIGIBLE TO DONATE
Natural person (income taxpayer)
- Deduction of 100% of donated amount, up to a maximum of 6% of total outstanding income tax in each fiscal year
- Example: If a natural person pays BRL 10,000 in income tax to the federal government, they can allocate BRL 600 to supporting Videobrasil’s activities
- Note: This donation option is available for income tax statements submitted via the full Receita Federal (Brazil’s Internal Revenue Service) form
Legal person (income taxpayer)
- Deduction of 100% of donated amount, up to a maximum of 4% of total outstanding income tax in each fiscal year
- Example: If a legal person pays BRL 100,000 in income tax to the federal government, they can allocate BRL 4,000 to supporting Videobrasil’s activities
HOW TO DONATE
- Write an email stating your intention to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (+55 11) 3645-0516
- We will provide the number of a checking account, endorsed by the Brazilian Ministry of Culture and managed by Associação Cultural Videobrasil, for you to wire your donation to
- The amount will be fully deducted from your Income Tax
DEADLINE FOR DONATIONS
- December 31, 2015 (Thursday)
HOW TO GET YOUR DEDUCTION
- Once you have made the deposit, get in touch with Videobrasil to get your Patronage Receipt, stating the amount you have donated
- Include the donation in your 2016 Income Statement and attach your Patronage Receipt to it
We believe in the role of art in transforming society and the power of collective action to make it happen. We are counting on your support and contribution. Be a part of our history!
To find out more about our Annual Activity Plan or for additional information, write to email@example.com or call us at (+55 11) 3645-0516.